Thursday, January 10, 2008

One more day

Tomorrow's the day and I will admit that I am anxious about it. I am praying that the next post will be good news. James has tolerated the increased dose very well and I hope it has made a difference. We will then meet with Dr. Goldman on Monday. Because of the holidays and schedules, we have not met with him in several months.

Johannah woke this morning with a bad headache and neck pain. I kept her home and hoped to get her in half day, but she didn't seem to feel better. I do think she does have pain, but when pressed about the whole thing I sensed that something else was wrong. So I pressed and I learned that the girls have started swimming in sports and she cannot swim unless supervised one-on-one, so she's been having to run and work out while the girls swim. Understand that Johannah doesn't cry much, and this brought tears to her eyes. So, I will try to go in during swim time to watch her participate. I confess...I am feeling like a Jonah today. It is really hard to see her hurting. With the school that she misses and the struggles that she has with seizures and clear thinking, she does get left out of a lot of things. It has been quite a lesson for both of us to learn to move forward WITH the life that God has given you and not become stagnant because of it.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: