Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Back to the hospital

We are heading back to the hospital and could use your prayers. When we were in the hospital last time, we noticed that the incision on James' head was getting a build-up of some crusty stuff. I asked the neurosurgeon about it. He said it was okay, don't worry about it, just keep it clean and let it fall off by itself. Well, we have kept it clean, even cleaning it with peroxide, and had him shower daily. But, it wasn't coming off. In fact, it was getting thicker. So, I had decided to put some baby oil on it to soften it and try to get it off. Well, today when I started working it up, it was completely infected underneath. Needless to say, I am not happy about the advice I was given - it should have been dealt with long ago. So, we are heading straight to the ER of Levine Children's Hospital to get it cared for. Please pray that it will not cause serious problems.

No comments: