Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MRI with spectroscopy

The pediatrician that we have established with here in Charlotte has been so wonderful. They have bent over backwards to make sure this MRI with spectroscopy for James gets scheduled. In fact, it is tomorrow at 7:00 p.m.

I sit here and I ask myself, "What do I ask people to pray for?" To be honest, I don't know. I know that God is in control and I know that He has cared for James through every step of this brain tumor journey. But, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm scared. I don't know what this MRI will show. I don't know if it will let us continue on this road or force us to make a turn. James is doing well. His memory is getting better. His incision in his head is healing now. He feels well.

I think that my fear stems from the knowledge of what James has already been through. The mom in me doesn't want him to have to endure any more. I want the MRI to show that the tumor didn't really grow. I want it to say that what we saw last month was just swelling....that is now going down. I want James' days to be smooth going and care-free. But, I don't know if that will be the case.

So, maybe I should be asking people to pray for PEACE. A peace in knowing that WHATEVER the MRI shows, God is still in control, He is still good, and He will continue to walk with James (and our family) down whatever path this takes us.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

No comments: